Okay, there was lots of love for this dish on my insta page so I thought I’d quickly jot down the recipe (a childhood favourite) so you can make it your selves…
One of the great things about these Stuffed pepper is that they are quick and easy to make and if your a wizard in the kitchen you can make the mince however you like it – Chilli Con Carne, Bolognese, Stew – whatever you like, but below is what I did.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g Mince – Beef/Lamb/Pork)
- 1 med finely chopped Onion
- 3-4 Crushed then chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch of Turmeric Root peeled sliced into quarter length ways (easier to take out before serving)
- 1 tblsp Ground Cumin Seeds
- 1 tspn Cayenne Powder
- 1 tspn Paprika
- 1 tspn Chilli Flakes
- 1 Finely chopped Courgette
- Veggie Stock (cube or broth)
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 Large Capsicum Pepper
Like I said, it’s easy.
- In large Sauce Pan, Sweat the Onions, Garlic on a medium heat until the onions go transparent.
- Add Cumin, Cayenne, Paprika, Chilli Flakes and Turmeric – Stir until mixed well
- Add mince – Stir and Fry until sealed browned)
- Add 3/4 veggie stock
- Add Courgette – Stir, Lid and simmer for 15mins. Stir intermittently.
- Add Salt & Pepper to taste.
- In large bowl add enough couscous for 4 people – roughly 1 cup per person.
- Add the remaining veggie Stock, pinch of salt and add boiling water until you cover the couscous and some starts to float – cover and leave for 10mins
- Stir mince
- Cut the kids off the Peppers and empty out the seeds and core.
- Loosen the couscous using a folk and plate evenly.
- Spoon the mince into each of the Pepper based and stand them in each plate of Couscous.
- Add the lid and Serve
Meal Prep Tip: if you double the mince ingredients, you can freeze half for a later date – then all you’ll need to do is defrost, heat, do the couscous and prep the peppers… easy!
Let me know how you get along 😉