Hi guys, this quick article explains how we benefit from Magnesium – most of us are deficient which causes:
- Muscle, weakness, fatigue, twitching and cramps
- Bones to become Brittle
- Mental Disorders
- Irregular Heartbeats
- High Blood Pressure
I did a bit of digging and to get some facts and tips to make sure we’re getting enough.
So, what is magnesium?
The short answer is that Magnesium, a mineral that is present in all living things. It’s in the earth, in the sea, in plants, animals and (of course us!) Humans.
The longer answer is:
- It a cofactor in chemical processes of enzymes. Over a staggering 600 reactions in our bodies!!!
- Prevents Migraines
- It has exercise benefits
- Improves PMS syndrome
- Benefits us against Type 2 Diabetes
- Fights Depression
- Helps with sleep
- Can lower blood pressure
- Anti-inflammatory benefits
- Reduces insulin resistance
- And, it’s available in so many everyday foods and supplements
What are good paleo sources of Magnesium?
- Dark Leafy Greens – Spinach is the best source!
- Nuts and Seeds
So you now have no excuses for not getting the right hit of Magnesium – I use this a Magnesium Oil spray on my arms before bed. It has the added benefit of aiding a goods night’s sleep.
Further reading & helpful links:
I’m not endorsing this brand but I use something like this https://draxe.com/magnesium-oil/
The longest (and more in-depth) answers are here:
10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Magnesium – Used to develop this quick overview for you.
7 Signs and Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency