Okay, we recently we’ve identified the good carbs from the bad and we’ve explored Dave Asprey’s Bulletproof diet which outlines an intake of up to 50-70% of your daily calories to be good fats, up to 20% Grass-fed Protein, up to 20% Raw or lightly blanched Veggies and up to 5% Fruit or Starch…
And, if you do the course Dave explains the benefits of eating your veggies raw. Hmmm… raw veggies – That’s all good and well, but eating or even chewing on raw veggies is a mission and salads can get old, fast!! There must be some easier and more interesting ways to get these bulletproof foods into my stomach…
- Salads – No Brainer
- Sandwiches – No chance as it will contain grain products – (not inline with beind ‘Bulletproof’ or ‘The Grain Brain’).
- Garnish – nice but not large enough
- Meals packed with whole foods – I need to expand my cookbook
- Shakes/Juices/Cold Soups – No chewing required!!
Out of these ways to eat veg, the latter two look like winners for me
And so, here begins my RAW Journey unlocking the power of Whole Foods with this handful of recipes – They don’t actually look bad at all and the sites will give you something to explore:
- Kimchi (cabbage, savoury sesame seeds and salt)
- Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
- Veggie Sticks and Authentic Guacamole
- Spicy Broccoli – tree-like veggie is one of the hardest to imagine eating raw
- Rustic Citrus Salad
- Spicy Papaya Salad
As I write this, I have just knocked back a Carrot and Apple blended ‘Juices/Soup’ type thing… not bad but adding fresh ginger would top it off.