This version is made using ingredients found in London, still tasty, it won’t have that extra Pacific flare. It takes a bit of prep but it’s very casual to put together.
- 500g fillets freshest fish, skinned, boned and diced to bite size
- Juice of 4 limes
- 2 tspn salt
- 1 red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 can coconut cream
- plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped parsley or coriander (whichever you prefer)
- Cucumber – sliced into half circles.
- Vine Tomatoes – cut in half
- A finely chopped Mild Chilli
- Salad greens of your choice to lay on the plate as a base.
- I added some sweet potato puree for extra bulk and colour.
Cut the fish into small pieces and place in a bowl. Tip the lime juice over to cover. Add the salt and leave to stand for at least one hour.
Drain the juice off, and add the onion and coconut cream to the marinated fish, with plenty of freshly ground pepper.
Finally, add the salad (not the greens) to the fish and mix gently together.
Leave to absorb the flavours for at least 30 minutes before serving with wholemeal bread, cut very thin.